Chair for Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Genetics
The University of North Texas Health Science Center in Ft. Worth, TX is seeking a visionary leader for the position of Chair for the newly formed Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Genetics. The department is housed within the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, which is one of six schools/colleges in the institution. Department faculty participate in several graduate programs within the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; Cancer/Biochemistry; Cell Biology/Immunology; Microbiology; Genetics.
Chair candidates should have:
- A strong, consistent record of extramural funding in the biomedical sciences.
- Demonstrated administrative and leadership experience and the ability to manage a diverse portfolio of faculty talent.
- A vision for building an interactive basic/translational department bridging multiple disciplines and groups.
- Ability to guide the department's teaching and training programs and provide strong research mentorship to students, staff and faculty.
- Evidence of national reputation and recognition.
The Chair will be expected to serve as the academic and operational leader of the Department by providing effective leadership in the areas of curriculum, faculty development, student recruitment, quality improvement, strategic planning, and budget management. This is a full-time, 12-month appointment, tenure-track/tenured at the Full Professor level. Salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must complete the online application located at https://www.unthscjobs.com.
The full and complete application should contain the following:
- A cover letter
- A vision statement outlining goals to bridge the disciplines and foster collaborative interactions within the department.
- A complete CV
- The names of three professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers.
Inquiries can be directed to Dr. Steve Mifflin, chair of the search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.