Excellent reasons to become a member of SNIP!
The Society on NeuroImmune Pharmacology was established in 1993 as a mechanism for promoting research in the pharmacology and immunology of the neuroimmune system and to foster an exchange of information and ideas on this subject. The central focus of the Society is an Annual Scientific Conference held each Spring and an official journal, NeuroImmune Pharmacology and Therapeutics. Come join the leaders in this growing field and become a member of SNIP!
- Be an active participant in a "research community" where neuroimmune
pharmacology is the central focus and the following topics are of
- the pharmacology, immunology, and neuroscience of the neuroimmune system
- the etiology, prevention, and treatment of neuroimmune disorders
- endogenous ligands/receptors - hormones, neuropeptides, neurotransmitters, cytokines
- exogenous ligands/receptors - drugs of abuse, biologic response modifier
- the role played by infectious diseases, such as HIV/AIDS, in the neuroimmune system
- research into the pharmacology of the neuroimmune axis
- Browse our SNIP Website and Newsletter - s-nip.org
- Travel Awards for students and young investigators
- Be eligible to vote - help shape the future of our Society
- Let your ideas for the Annual Scientific Conference be heard
- Run for an office or volunteer for a committee
- Increase your access to leaders and NIH representatives in the field.
- Help promote the science of neuroimmune pharmacology