Ten excellent reasons to become a member of SNIP!
The Society on NeuroImmune Pharmacology was established in 2000 as a mechanism for promoting research in the pharmacology and immunology of the neuroimmune system and to foster an exchange of information and ideas on this subject. The central focus of the Society is an Annual Scientific Conference held each Spring and an official journal, the "Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology", that will be published starting in 2006. Come join the leaders in this growing field and become a member of SNIP!
- Be an active participant in a "research community" where neuroimmune pharmacology is the central focus and the following topics are of primary interest:
- the pharmacology, immunology, and neuroscience of the neuroimmune system
- the etiology, prevention, and treatment of neuroimmune disorders
- endogenous ligands/receptors - hormones, neuropeptides, neurotransmitters, cytokines
- exogenous ligands/receptors - drugs of abuse, biologic response modifier
- the role played by infectious diseases, such as AIDS, in the neuroimmune system
- research into the pharmacology of the neuroimmune axis
- Enjoy discounted registration fees for the Annual Scientific Conference
- Free online subscription to the Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology
- Browse our SNIP Website and Newsletter - s-nip.org
- Travel Awards for students and young investigators
- Be eligible to vote - help shape the future of our Society
- Let your ideas for the Annual Scientific Conference be heard
- Run for an office or volunteer for a committee
- Increase your access to leaders and NIH representatives in the field.
- Help promote the science of neuroimmune pharmacology